The 25 Days of Christmas (fully known as The Family Channel's 25 Days of Christmas in 1996 and 1997, Fox Family's 25 Days of Christmas from 1998 to 2000, and ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas from 2001 to 2015) is an annual programming block that has aired on the Freeform cable channel and its predecessors since 1996. As the title implies, it is shown every year from December 1st to December 25th, and features classic holiday programming, as well as new Christmas-themed television movies, and occasionally new Christmas-themed episodes of the networks' original series. Since 2006, the block has also aired general-interest family movies such as the Harry Potter films, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, and various Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar films. A companion block titled Kickoff to Christmas (formerly Countdown to 25 Days of Christmas) has also aired on Freeform every November since 2007.
Almost every year since the block started in 1996, at least one new TV film is produced for the channel. Three films were created for the channel in 2007, due to the popularity generated from the previous year. No new original Christmas movies were made for the block in 2002, 2014, or 2015.
Although the branding was expanded to four other channels in 2017 and 2018, no new Christmas movies premiered on ABC, the Disney Channel, Disney XD, or Disney Junior in those years. As such, all the movies listed in the table below premiered on Freeform and its predecessors.
Original specials and TV episodes
- Family Channel / Fox Family / ABC Family / Freeform
- 1996: Home and Family Christmas Special
- 2001: Donner
- 2008: A Miser Brothers' Christmas
- 2011: A Very Pink Christmas
- Good Trouble: "Christmas at the Coterie"
- Disney Channel
- Bizarrdvark: "A Killer Robot Christmas"
- Disney Parks Presents a Disney Channel Holiday Celebration
- Hotel Transylvania: The Series: "The Fright Before Creepmas"
- The Lion Guard: "Timon and Pumbaa's Christmas"
- Mickey and the Roadster Racers: "Happy Hot Diggity Dog Holiday!" / "Happy Holiday Helpers!"
- Puppy Dog Pals: "A Very Pug Christmas"/"The Latke Kerfuffle"
- Sofia the First: "The Mystic Isles: A Very Mystic Wassailia"
- Stuck in the Middle: "Stuck at Christmas"
- Bizzardvark: "Holiday Video Sketchtacular"
- Coop and Cami Ask the World: "Would You Wrather Get a Moose Angry?"
- Disney Parks Presents a 25 Days of Christmas Holiday Party
- DuckTales: "Last Christmas!"
- Fancy Nancy: "Nancy and the Nice List"
- Muppet Babies: "A Very Muppet Babies Christmas" / "Summer's Super Fabulous Holiday Surprise"
- Puppy Dog Pals: "A Santa for Bob"
- Disney XD
- Disney Junior
- Goldie & Bear: "Winterchime Day"
- American Housewife: "Saving Christmas"
- Black-ish: "Christmas in Theater Eight"
- The Conners: "Hold the Salt"
- Fresh Off the Boat: "Cousin Eddie"
- The Goldbergs: "Yippee Ki Yay Melon Farmer"
- The Kids Are Alright: "Christmas 1972"
- A Million Little Things: "Christmas Wishlist"
- Modern Family: "Stuck in a Moment"
- Single Parents: "The Magic Box"
- Speechless: "J-I–JINGLE T-H–THON"
Current non-original programming (2019)
The following is a list of Christmas movies and specials presently featured during the 25 Days of Christmas (as of 2019) that originally either premiered theatrically, direct-to-video, or on another TV network.
- TV specials
- Cricket on the Hearth
- Frosty the Snowman
- Kung Fu Panda Holiday
- The Little Drummer Boy
- Prep & Landing: Naughty vs. Nice
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
- Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town
- Toy Story That Time Forgot
- TV episodes
- Family Guy: "Don't Be a Dickens At Christmas"
- The Simpsons: "The Fight Before Christmas"
- The Simpsons: "Holidays of Future Passed"
- The Simpsons: "Marge Be Not Proud"
- The Simpsons: "Miracle on Evergreen Terrace"
- The Simpsons: "The Nightmare After Krustmas"
- The Simpsons: "She of Little Faith"
- The Simpsons: "Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire"
- The Simpsons: "Skinner's Sense of Snow"
- The Simpsons: "'Tis the Fifteenth Season"
- The Simpsons: "White Christmas Blues"
Past programming (Freeform)
The following non-original specials and movies listed below have aired as part of the 25 Days of Christmas on Freeform and its predecessors in past years. Some of these programs are still aired on Disney's other channels.
- TV specials and episodes
- Main article: Kickoff to Christmas
In 2007, due to popular ratings from the previous year, ABC Family launched a companion block titled the Countdown to 25 Days of Christmas, which began on November 23, the day after Thanksgiving. Although this was the first official early start, in later years, holiday programming typically began during the last week or two of November, showing mostly older original films, some of which pertained to Christmas and some that did not. In 2018, it was renamed Kickoff to Christmas and was expanded to cover the full month of November.
- Main article: Songs to Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas
In 2009, Walt Disney Records released a compilation album titled Songs to Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas. The album featured music from their 2009 special premieres as well as previously released songs that were featured in other programs broadcast on the block, with the notable inclusion of Jimmy Durante's version of "Frosty the Snowman" from the 1969 TV special, which at the time was not aired on the block.
Many fans of the 25 Days of Christmas programming block have expressed discontent with the inclusion of such movies as the Harry Potter films, various Disney and Pixar films, and other non-holiday films in the lineup. Fans have also taken issue with the abundance of certain specials and movies being repeated numerous times throughout the block. This has sparked many complaints to the network, via email and their Facebook page.
- ↑ The Futon Critic: 25 Days of Christmas Annual Programming Event Expands Across All Disney ABC Channels for the First Time Ever Beginning December 1
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 25 Days of Christmas on Facebook