"Christmas is on Its Way" is the second Christmas installment of the 2014 French-Italian animated TV short series Peanuts, based on the comic strip of the same name. It originally aired on France 3 in 2014 before airing on Boomerang in the United States two years later.
As with most Peanuts animated productions, this short consists of scenes adapted from the comic strip:
- Snoopy receives a package in the mail and, despite it having a "Do not open until Christmas" label, tears it open to find a stocking cap. Charlie Brown scolds him for not waiting till Christmas to open the present, which is something he does every year, and Snoopy feels guilty about not resisting the temptation. The next day, he receives another present in the mail and again fails to resist opening it early; this time, the present is a necktie.
- Snoopy gets covered in snow while sleeping on top of his doghouse. Woodstock places a small Christmas tree on his nose.
- Charlie Brown wants to buy a nice pair of gloves for Peggy Jean, but they cost twenty-five dollars, so he sells his entire comic book collection to afford them. As soon as he has made his purchase, though, he runs into Peggy Jean (who oddly only appears offscreen) at the store and finds out that her mother has just bought her a pair of gloves, so he instead gives the gloves he bought to Snoopy. (This storyline was previously adapted in It's Christmastime Again, Charlie Brown.)
- Snoopy plays a note on Schroeder's piano.
- Rerun van Pelt asks if he can borrow Snoopy to pull his sled for him, offering to help him build a snowman if he does. Although Charlie Brown initially denies the offer, Snoopy seemingly agrees... and then has Rerun pull him on the sled. (This scene was previously adapted in I Want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown.)
- Woodstock tries to catch a snowflake on his tongue.
- Charlie Brown goes out wearing a heavy winter coat, but slips on the icy sidewalk and is stuck lying there, unable to lift himself back up. Lucy and Snoopy prove to be of no help.
- Snoopy takes his Beagle Scouts on an expedition during a blizzard. They ultimately end up finding their way back into the Brown household and end up inside the gift boxes for Charlie Brown and Sally's presents.
The episode was made available on the Peanuts by Schulz: Happy Holidays DVD, released by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment on October 18, 2019.