"Doug's Secret Christmas" is the second Christmas episode of the animated television series Doug, produced during the first season of the show's later run on ABC. It originally aired as a prime-time special on December 14, 1996.
With a new baby on the way, the Funnies are too busy to have a traditional Christmas and Doug really wants one. So he and Porkchop decide to have their own secret holiday celebration in his room. But when he later finds the house completely empty, Mr. Funnie phones with news, and Doug and Judy's new baby sister, Cleopatra Dirtbike Funnie, is born on Christmas Day. Meanwhile, Fentruck tells all his friends how they spend Christmas in Yakestonia.
|This page about a Christmas special or an episode from a television series with a Christmas theme is in need of a longer synopsis. You can help the Christmas Special Wiki by expanding this synopsis.|
- The opening scene is a parody of How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
- The TV movie that Skeeter and his family are watching appears to be based on the events of the original series' first Christmas episode, "Doug's Christmas Story".
- Months prior to the special's premiere, the October 1996 issue of Disney Adventures magazine ran a contest asking fans to name the Funnies' new baby, who is born in the special. The winning name, Cleopatra Dirtbike Funnie, was sent in by Brett Chatham, who received a drawing of himself with Doug and his friends as the prize.
Walt Disney Home Video released the special on VHS on October 7, 1997. It also included the later episode "Doug: Oh, Baby".
- Disney Wiki: Doug's Secret Christmas
- "Doug's Secret Christmas" at TV.com
- "Doug's Secret Christmas" at the Internet Movie Database
|This page about a Christmas special or an episode from a television series with a Christmas theme is a stub. Please help the Christmas Special Wiki by expanding this article.|