Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker are a pair of characters from the Jim Henson-produced television series The Muppet Show. Bunsen is the show's resident scientist, and the host of the Muppet Labs sketches. He worked alone in the first season of The Muppet Show, but in season two, his assistant Beaker was added to the show. Bunsen is always eager to show off his latest scientific discovery, but his excitement about progress tends to render him short-sighted. Beaker, who normally only speaks in high-pitched "mee-mee-mee" noises, usually ends up being harmed by Dr. Honeydew's inventions.
Appearances in Christmas specials
- A Muppet Family Christmas - In this 1987 special, Bunsen and Beaker, along with their Muppet Show co-stars spend Christmas Eve at Fozzie's mother's farmhouse. During the caroling medley at the end of the special, they both sing solo lines in the song "Caroling, Caroling".
- The Muppet Christmas Carol - In this 1992 adaptation of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol, Bunsen and Beaker appear as the two poor collectors who ask Ebenezer Scrooge for a donation.
- It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie - At the beginning of this 2002 made-for-TV movie, in a parody of The Gift of the Magi, Beaker sells his periodic table of the elements to buy a stand for Bunsen's electron microscope, but Bunsen sold the microscope to buy rare mutagenic elements, which cause Beaker to grow a second head. In the alternate reality where Kermit the Frog was never born, it is shown that Bunsen would be working as the doorman at Rachel Bitterman's Club Dot (the location that would be the Muppet Theater in the original reality), and Beaker is the club's muscular, deep-voiced bouncer.
- A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa
- Lady Gaga & the Muppets' Holiday Spectacular
- "Single All the Way"
Other Christmas productions
|This article about a character from either a Christmas movie, television episodic series or special with a Christmas theme is a stub. Please help to expand this article in the Christmas Specials Wikia.|