Elf: Buddy's Musical Christmas is a stop-motion animated musical television special based on the 2003 Jon Faveru-directed film Elf, written by David Berenbaum, and the 2010 Broadway musical of the same name. It stars Jim Parsons as Buddy.
Santa narrates the story of Buddy's travels to New York City to meet his father. Along the way, his unrelenting cheer transforms the lives of everyone he meets and opens his father's eyes to the magic of the holiday.
- "Happy All The Time" - Santa, Buddy, and the elves
- "World's Greatest Dad" - Buddy
- "I'll Believe In You" - Emily and Michael
- "Sparklejollytwinklejingley" - Buddy, Emily, and Michael
- "A Christmas Song" - Buddy and Jovie
- "Nobody Cares About Santa" - Fake Santas and Buddy
- "There Is a Santa Claus" - Emily and Michael
- "A Christmas Song (Reprise)" - Jovie, Walter, Emily, Michael, and the townspeople
- "The Story of Buddy the Elf" - The cast
- The famous Wilhelm Scream is heard when Buddy kicks an elf out the window.
Differences from the original movie
- Papa Elf is absent from this special; instead, it is said that Buddy was raised by the elves.
- Buddy's real name "William" is never mentioned.
- Buddy and Jovie's child's gender and name is different in this special. In the original film, they had a daughter named Susie whilst in this, they have a son named Baby Buddy.
|Mark Hamill||Walter Hobbs|
|Ed Asner||Santa Claus|
|Max Charles||Michael Hobbs|
|Rachael MacFarlane|| Emily Hobbs|
Fake Santa #3
|Kevin Michael Richardson|| Fake Santa #2|
|Gilbert Gottfried||Mr. Greenway|
|Jay Leno||Fake Santa #1|
|Fred Armisen|| Matthews|
|Matt Lauer||Mr. Sea Serpent|
|Kevin Shinick||Fake Santa #4|