Fred Flintstone is a character from the television series, The Flintstones. Fred is known for his loud voice and generous girth, both of which make him an admirable proxy for Santa Claus in various Christmas specials.
- In the episode "Christmas Flintstone," Fred plays Santa Claus for Macyrock's store. However, Santa's elves recruit him to fill in for the real Santa, who is suffering from a cold. A similar storyline was used in the 1977 special A Flintstone Christmas.
- Fred and Barney Rubble make anachronistic cameo appearances in Yogi Bear's All-Star Comedy Christmas Caper. Snagglepuss spots the pair serving as streetcorner Santas, and notes that they're in the wrong century. Fred explains that they're collecting for the Water Buffalo Lodge charity fund. When a prospective giver comes by, Fred and Barney attack Snagglepuss, subduing the "vicious lion," and thus garnering admiration and monetary largess.
- In the 1993 special A Fintstone Family Christmas Fred get involved with Stoney, a mischievous caveless kid, while waiting for Pebbles, Bamm-Bamm and his grand-children to arrive in Bedrock for the holidays.
- In the 1994 special A Flintstones' Christmas Carol, Fred lands the starring role of Ebenezer Scrooge in the town Christmas pageant, and becomes so obsessed with the role that he becomes oblivious to the needs of his family and friends.
- Fred, and the Flintstones gang, appeared in Hanna-Barbera's Christmas Sing-A-Long.