Voiced by Dan Castellaneta, he and his family originally appeared in short films featured on The Tracey Ullman Show. As the show's main character, Homer has appeared in every Christmas episode of the series. In 2002, he was voted #2 in TV Guide's Top 50 Greatest Cartoon Characters, right behind Bugs Bunny.
Appearances in Christmas specials
- "Simpson Christmas"
- "Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire" - In the show's premiere episode, Homer finds himself unable to afford any Christmas gifts for his family when Mr. Burns does not give any of his unskilled employees their Christmas bonus. Instead of telling Marge that he didn't receive his bonus, Homer attempts to make up for it by getting a second job as a mall Santa. However, due to tax deductions, he only gets thirteen dollars in his paycheck on Christmas Eve. His friend Barney Gumble suggests that he bet his earnings on the dog races at the Springfield Downs, suggesting that he bet on the fast canine called Whirlwind. However, Homer instead bets on last-second entrant named Santa's Little Helper, who doesn't even finish the race. After Santa's Little Helper is abandoned by his owner, Homer eventually decides to take him in. When Homer comes home and confesses about his misfortune, Bart introduces the family to Santa's Little Helper, leading them to think Homer bought the dog as a gift.
- "Marge Be Not Proud"
- "Miracle on Evergreen Terrace"
- "Grift of the Magi"
- "Skinner's Sense of Snow"
- "She of Little Faith"
- "'Tis the Fifteenth Season"
- "Simpsons Christmas Stories"
- "Kill Gil, Volumes I & II"
- "The Fight Before Christmas"
- "Holidays of Future Passed"
- "White Christmas Blues"
- "I Won't Be Home for Christmas"
- "The Nightmare After Krustmas"
- "'Tis the 30th Season"
- "Bobby, It's Cold Outside"
- "The Way of the Dog"
- "A Springfield Summer Christmas for Christmas"
|This article about a character from either a Christmas movie, television episodic series or special with a Christmas theme is a stub. Please help to expand this article in the Christmas Specials Wiki.|