Top 10 Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the top 10 Christmas specials of all time.
Worst Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the worst 10 Christmas specials of all time.
The True Meaning
Read about the true meaning of Christmas, according to Linus van Pelt.
Other Holiday Specials
Visit our sister wiki, the Other Holiday Specials Wiki.
"A Christmas Peril" is the Christmas episode of the Disney animated television series Milo Murphy's Law. It originally aired in France on November 5, 2017, before making its US premiere on December 2nd of the same year, making it the last episode of the show's first season in airing order. Like most Milo Murphy's Law episodes, "A Christmas Peril" has two subplots, with the A-plot centering on protagonist Milo Murphy, and the B-plot focusing on time travelers Balthazar Cavendish and Vinnie Dakota. The episode opens on Christmas Eve in present-era Danville, where Milo Murphy and his older sister Sara are driving through town in their parents' car, accompanied by Melissa and Zack. Milo explains to his friends that, as his Christmas gift for his parents, he has invited the extended Murphy family over to spend Christmas together, which they haven't done in years due to how catastrophic their mishaps can get. Just then, they hear a weather report saying that a snowstorm is expected to hit later tonight, and Sara remarks that it's a shame their car cannot simply fly over the snow. This segues to the far-off year of 2195, where Time Bureau agent Balthazar Cavendish is at the mall, seeing an advertisement for the autobiography of his former partner, Vinnie Dakota, who has now become a famous pop singer and is signing copies of his autobiography nearby. Cavendish reflects on how, 20 years earlier, at the Bureau of Time Travel's Christmas party, he and Dakota got into a very bitter argument because Dakota ate the last egg roll at the buffet table and ended their partnership as a result. Cavendish deeply regrets having driven away his best friend and, upon remembering he's a time traveler, decides to go back to the 2175 to prevent the argument from ever happening. Unbeknownst to Cavendish, though, Dakota also regrets the argument that ended their partnership and also decides to travel back to 2175. (more...)
- Bradley Bolke, who voiced Chumley the Walrus in Tennessee Tuxedo and His Tales and Jangle Bells in The Year Without a Santa Claus, died at the age of 93 on January 16th.
- Carol Channing, known for playing Muzzy Van Hossmere in the 1967 theatrical musical Throughly Modern Millie and voicing Mehitabel in the animated adaptation of Shinbone Alley, died at the age of 97 on January 15th. She played a Promenade Member in the 1958 TV movie The Christmas Tree.
- British actor William Morgan Sheppard, who voiced Santa Claus in the Prep & Landing specials and also played the character in the live-action film Farewell Mr. Kringle, died at the age of 86 on January 6th.
- Don Lusk, the last surviving animator from Disney's Golden Age, died at the age of 105 on December 30, 2018. Best known for his work on just about every Disney animated feature from Pinocchio to One Hundred and One Dalmatians, he also did animation for the most of the Peanuts specials in the 1970s and several Hanna-Barbera cartoons, including A Flintstone Christmas.
- Dr. Seuss' widow Audrey Geisel, who has overseen the legacy of her husband's creations for the past quarter-century (including serving as executive producer for the recent movie adaptation of How the Grinch Stole Christmas!), died at the age of 97 on December 19th.
- Laverne & Shirley star Penny Marshall, who also directed The Preacher's Wife, died at the age of 75 on December 17th.
- Stephen Hillenburg, creator of SpongeBob SquarePants, died from ALS at the age of 57 on November 26th.
- Comics legend Stan Lee, who co-created such Marvel Comics superheroes as Spider-Man, the X-Men, Iron Man, Thor, and the Incredible Hulk, and made cameo appearances in almost every Marvel movie to date, died at the age of 95 on November 12th.
- Unknown dates
- Klaus (Netflix)
Upcoming Video Releases
Ultra HD Blu-ray
Popular Christmas Specials
Popular Christmas Movies
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found