Top 10 Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the top 10 Christmas specials of all time.
Worst Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the worst 10 Christmas specials of all time.
The True Meaning
Read about the true meaning of Christmas, according to Linus van Pelt.
Other Holiday Specials
Visit our sister wiki, the Other Holiday Specials Wiki.
"Pikachu's Winter Vacation: Christmas Night" (クリスマスであそぼ! Let's Play in Christmas!?) is the first Pikachu's Winter Vacation special and also the second Christmas special based on Nintendo's Pokémon video game franchise, first broadcast in Japan on December 22, 1998. In the United States, it was released as a direct-to-video special and later aired as an episode of Pokémon Chronicles. The special opens on Ash, Misty, Brock, and their Pokémon planning to spend the holidays in a cabin that Professor Oak has lent to them. However, the trainers first have to leave to go pick up the Christmas cake, leaving their Pokémon at the cabin, with Ash's Pikachu in charge. However, chaos soon ensues when Bulbasaur and Squirtle get in a fight over the delicious holiday treats left out for them, and Vulpix gets itself stuck in a Christmas stocking. (more)
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and Frosty the Snowman will be making their cable debut on the 25 Days of Christmas on Freeform this holiday season.
- Internet sensation Grumpy Cat, who starred in the Lifetime movie Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever, passed away at age 7 on May 14th.
- Tim Conway of The Carol Burnett Show fame, who also provided the U.S. voice of Santa in Saving Santa and Barnacle Boy on SpongeBob SquarePants, died at the age of 85 on May 14th.
- Doris Day, performer of "Here Comes Santa Claus" for the North Pole running gag in Fred Claus, died at the age of 98 on May 13th.
- Clement von Franckenstein, actor in The American President and Single Santa Seeks Mrs. Claus, passed away at the age of 74 on May 9th.
- Peter Mayhew, the original performer of Chewbacca in the Star Wars films (including The Star Wars Holiday Special), died at the age of 74 on April 30th.
- Maury Laws, who composed the music for the Rankin/Bass television specials (such as Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, and Santa Claus is Comin' to Town) died at the age of 95 on March 30, 2019.
- The Walt Disney Company has officially completed its acquisition of 21st Century Fox, bringing Miracle on 34th Street, Home Alone, The Simpsons, the X-Men movies, Blue Sky Studios, and other Fox properties under the same corporate umbrella as Mickey Mouse, Winnie the Pooh, Frozen, Phineas and Ferb, Gravity Falls, the Muppets, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and Star Wars (for better or for worse).
- Beverly Hills, 90210 star Luke Perry, who also starred in films like A Very Merry Daughter of the Bride and Scoot and Kassie's Christmas Adventure, died at age 52 on March 4th.
- Aron Tager, who voiced Cranky Kong in the Donkey Kong Country cartoon (including its Christmas episode), passed away at the age of 84 on February 28th.
- November 15th
- Last Christmas (theaters)
- Unknown dates
- The Christmas Company (Hallmark Channel)
- Christmas Jars (BYUtv)
- The Christmas Song (Hallmark Channel)
- Bob's Burgers: "Have Yourself a Maily Linda Christmas" (FOX)
- Holiday for Heroes (Hallmark Movies & Mysteries)
- Let it Snow (Netflix)
- Klaus (Netflix)
- Noelle (Disney+)
Upcoming Video Releases
- May 21st
- The Loud House: Season 2, Volume 1 - Relative Chaos (includes "11 Louds a Leapin'")
- June 4th
- The Brady Bunch: The 50th Anniversary Brady-est TV & Movie Collection (includes A Very Brady Christmas)
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Next 100 Episodes (includes "It's a SpongeBob Christmas!")
- June 25th
Popular Christmas Specials
Popular Christmas Movies