Top 10 Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the top 10 Christmas specials of all time.
Worst Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the worst 10 Christmas specials of all time.
The True Meaning
Read about the true meaning of Christmas, according to Linus van Pelt.
Other Holiday Specials
Visit our sister wiki, the Other Holiday Specials Wiki.
Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas is an animated direct-to-video Christmas film produced by DisneyToon Studios in 1999. The movie features three original short segments starring Mickey Mouse and his friends. The first story is "Stuck on Christmas", an adaptation of Willaim Dean Howells' short story Christmas Every Day featuring Donald Duck and his nephews, Huey, Dewey and Louie. The second segment, "A Very Goofy Christmas", stars Goofy trying to restore his son Max's faith after he is led to believe that Santa Claus isn't real. And the third and final story, "Mickey and Minnie's Gift of the Magi", features Mickey and Minnie Mouse trying to gather enough money to buy the perfect gifts for each other. The movie won the Award for Best Animated Featured Film at the 5th Kecskemét Animation Film Festival, and was also nominated for the 2000 Annie Award for Best Animated Home Entertainment Production, which it lost to An Extremely Goofy Movie. A loose sequel, Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas, followed in 2004. (more...)
- Carrol Spinney, who has been performing Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch on Sesame Street for the past 49 years, has officially announced his retirement from performing. We at the Christmas Specials Wiki wish him well!
- Stop-motion pioneer Will Vinton died on October 4th at the age of 70. Best known for creating the California Raisins, former Domino's Pizza mascot the Noid, and the current M&M's Spokescandies, he produced and directed the Emmy-winning special A Claymation Christmas Celebration and the 1980 short A Christmas Gift.
- To compete with the Disney channels' 25 Days of Christmas, the AMC network is launching their own month-long marathon of Yuletide programming, which they call Best Christmas Ever. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Elf, The Polar Express, and the post-1974 Rankin/Bass library (all of which previously aired as part of the 25 Days of Christmas) will be moving to this new programming event, which has also been confirmed to feature the original Miracle on 34th Street, Gremlins, Jingle All the Way, and the DreamWorks Animation Christmas specials.
- Rankin/Bass historian Rick Goldschmidt, who wrote The Enchanted World of Rankin/Bass: A Portfolio and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Making of the Rankin/Bass Holiday Classic, is now bringing out a book about the making of Santa Claus is Comin' to Town (as well as the 1966 feature film The Daydreamer), coming September 21st.
- Actor/director Burt Reynolds died at the age of 82 on September 6th. Known for his leading roles in such films as Deliverance and Smokey and the Bandit and for being the original voice of Charlie Barkin from All Dogs Go to Heaven, he also voiced the adult Tommy Tinkerton in The Legend of Frosty the Snowman and Buster in A Magic Christmas.
- Actor Stefán Karl Stefánsson, who played Robbie Rotten on LazyTown and also performed as the Grinch in the Broadway musical version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas! from 2008 to 2015, died at the age of 43 on August 21st.
- Actress/comedian Charlotte Rae died at the age of 92 on August 5th. Best known for her role as housekeeper Edna Garrett on Diff'rent Strokes and its spin-off The Facts of Life (including their Christmas episodes), she was also the voice of Nanny in 101 Dalmatians: The Series and had roles in The Tangerine Bear: Home in Time for Christmas! and Christmas Cottage.
Upcoming Video Releases
Popular Christmas Specials
Popular Christmas Movies