Top 10 Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the top 10 Christmas specials of all time.
Worst Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the worst 10 Christmas specials of all time.
The True Meaning
Read about the true meaning of Christmas, according to Linus van Pelt.
Other Holiday Specials
Visit our sister wiki, the Other Holiday Specials Wiki.
"A Christmas Peril" is the Christmas episode of the Disney animated television series Milo Murphy's Law. It originally aired in France on November 5, 2017, before making its US premiere on December 2nd of the same year, making it the last episode of the show's first season in airing order. Like most Milo Murphy's Law episodes, "A Christmas Peril" has two subplots, with the A-plot centering on protagonist Milo Murphy, and the B-plot focusing on time travelers Balthazar Cavendish and Vinnie Dakota. The episode opens on Christmas Eve in present-era Danville, where Milo Murphy and his older sister Sara are driving through town in their parents' car, accompanied by Melissa and Zack. Milo explains to his friends that, as his Christmas gift for his parents, he has invited the extended Murphy family over to spend Christmas together, which they haven't done in years due to how catastrophic their mishaps can get. Just then, they hear a weather report saying that a snowstorm is expected to hit later tonight, and Sara remarks that it's a shame their car cannot simply fly over the snow. This segues to the far-off year of 2195, where Time Bureau agent Balthazar Cavendish is at the mall, seeing an advertisement for the autobiography of his former partner, Vinnie Dakota, who has now become a famous pop singer and is signing copies of his autobiography nearby. Cavendish reflects on how, 20 years earlier, at the Bureau of Time Travel's Christmas party, he and Dakota got into a very bitter argument because Dakota ate the last egg roll at the buffet table and ended their partnership as a result. Cavendish deeply regrets having driven away his best friend and, upon remembering he's a time traveler, decides to go back to the 2175 to prevent the argument from ever happening. Unbeknownst to Cavendish, though, Dakota also regrets the argument that ended their partnership and also decides to travel back to 2175. (more...)
- Carol Channing, known for playing as Muzzy Van Hossmere in the 1967 theatrical musical Throughly Modern Millie and voicing as Mehitabel in animated adaptation of Shinbone Alley, dies at the age of 97 on January 15th. She played as a Promenade Member in the 1958 TV movie The Christmas Tree
- British actor William Morgan Sheppard, who voiced Santa Claus in the Prep & Landing specials and also played the character in the live-action film Farewell Mr. Kringle, died at the age of 86 on January 6th.
- Don Lusk, the last surviving animator from Disney's Golden Age, died at the age of 105 on December 30, 2018. Best known for his work on just about every Disney animated feature from Pinocchio to One Hundred and One Dalmatians, he also did animation for the most of the Peanuts specials in the 1970s and several Hanna-Barbera cartoons, including A Flintstone Christmas.
- Dr. Seuss' widow Audrey Geisel, who has overseen the legacy of her husband's creations for the past quarter-century (including serving as executive producer for the recent movie adaptation of How the Grinch Stole Christmas!), died at the age of 97 on December 19th.
- Laverne & Shirley star Penny Marshall, who also directed The Preacher's Wife, died at the age of 75 on December 17th.
- Stephen Hillenburg, creator of SpongeBob SquarePants, died from ALS at the age of 57 on November 26th.
- Comics legend Stan Lee, who co-created such Marvel Comics superheroes as Spider-Man, the X-Men, Iron Man, Thor, and the Incredible Hulk, and made cameo appearances in almost every Marvel movie to date, died at the age of 95 on November 12th.
- Carroll Spinney, who has been performing Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch on Sesame Street for the past 49 years, officially announced his retirement on October 17th. We at the Christmas Specials Wiki wish him well!
- Stop-motion pioneer Will Vinton died on October 4th at the age of 70. Best known for creating the California Raisins, former Domino's Pizza mascot the Noid, and the current M&M's Spokescandies, he produced and directed the Emmy-winning special A Claymation Christmas Celebration and the 1980 short A Christmas Gift.
- Unknown dates
- Klaus (Netflix)
Upcoming Video Releases
Ultra HD Blu-ray
- Day 1: In Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, the title character is the son of which one of Santa's reindeer from The Night Before Christmas? Answer: Donner.
- Day 2: What other episodes of Fraggle Rock accompanied "The Bells of Fraggle Rock" on the A Merry Fraggle Holiday DVD release? Answer: "The Grapes of Generosity" and "The Perfect Blue Rollie" (the latter of which had also accompanied it on VHS).
- Day 3: In "11 Louds a Leapin'", which one of Lincoln's sisters was trying to catch a reindeer to keep as a pet? Answer: Lana.
- Day 4: Who was the voice of Frosty's wife Crystal? Answer: Shelley Winters.
- Day 5: In Winnie the Pooh and Christmas Too, what item did Christopher Robin want for Christmas? Answer: A sled.
- Day 6: What was the name of the toys that the Purple Dragons were trying to steal in "The Christmas Aliens"? Answer: Little Orphan Alien.
- Day 7: In Yogi's First Christmas, what song do Yogi and the gang try to rehearse for the Jellystone Lodge's Christmas party? Answer: "Deck the Halls".
- Day 8: What was the previous name of Freeform's Kickoff to Christmas programming event? Answer: Countdown to the 25 Days of Christmas.
- Day 9: What is the name of the flu that continually affects the characters in A Flintstones' Christmas Carol? Answer: The Bedrock Bug.
- Day 10: The song "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" was originally featured in which MGM musical film? Answer: Meet Me in St. Louis.
- Day 11: Who played Buddy in the 2010 Broadway stage musical adaptation of Elf? Answer: Sebastian Arcelus.
- Day 12: Which song originally from the 1966 animated adaptation of How the Grinch Stole Christmas! did not appear in the 2000 live-action version or the 2018 CGI film? Answer: "Trim Up the Tree".
- Day 13: What real-life locomotive is the Polar Express based on? 'Answer: The Pere Marquette 1225 steam locomotive.
- Day 14: What was the name of the three-legged elf in "Rocko's Modern Christmas!: Can't Squeeze Cheer From a Cheese Log!"? Answer: Mitch.
- Day 15: What other episode of 101 Dalmatians: The Series was included on the VHS release of "A Christmas Cruella"? Answer: "Coup De Vil".
- Day 16: Who was the Disney artist who drew the illustrations for the opening credits of Mickey's Christmas Carol? Answer: Mike Peraza.
- Day 17: What character originally from the Saturday morning Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon appears in Sonic Christmas Blast? Answer: Princess Sally.
- Day 18: In the half-hour broadcasts of Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!, which song was skipped entirely? Answer: "Where Did We Go Wrong?" (This would also apply to "What Does He Want?", which did not appear in the special's original 2009 broadcasts or its DVD release.)
- Day 19: In "Christmas Who?", what gift did SpongeBob give to Squidward? Answer: A homemade clarinet.
- Day 20: In which episode of Histeria! was the series' only Christmas-themed sketch, "The Banks of the Delaware River", featured? Answer: "The American Revolution - Part 1".
- Day 21: In "Holly Jolly Jimmy", what holiday did Hugh Neutron make up? Answer: Pule, a holiday themed around pies.
- Day 22: According to his official character profile, what type of music is Wayne from Prep & Landing a fan of? Answer: Jazz.
- Day 23: In A Flintstone Family Christmas, what is the title of Fred Flintstone's favorite Christmas movie? Answer: It's a Wonderful Stone-Age Life.
- Day 24: Angela Lansbury, who voiced Sister Teresa in The First Christmas: The Story of the First Christmas Snow, is also known for voicing which Disney character? Answer: Mrs. Potts from Beauty and the Beast.
- Day 25: Which Animaniacs character plays the Jacob Marley role in the segment "A Christmas Plotz"? Answer: Slappy Squirrel.
Popular Christmas Specials
Popular Christmas Movies