Top 10 Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the top 10 Christmas specials of all time.
Worst Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the worst 10 Christmas specials of all time.
The True Meaning
Read about the true meaning of Christmas, according to Linus van Pelt.
Other Holiday Specials
Visit our sister wiki, the Other Holiday Specials Wiki.
The Night Before Christmas is a 1941 Tom and Jerry short set at Christmastime, and the first Christmas-themed production to star the characters. The short was nominated for the 1941 Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film, but lost to the Pluto cartoon Lend a Paw. In a large house on Christmas Eve, the night before Christmas, nothing is stirring, not even a mouse... or so it seems at first. Jerry Mouse emerges from his hole avoiding a Christmas-themed mousetrap (already baited with a piece of cheese wrapped in a red ribbon) placed by his hole. Jerry quickly heads for the Christmas presents, jumping merrily around the tree, licking candy canes, and jumping onto a plush toy lion that squeaks. Jerry continues jumping on the soft toy, but bounces too hard and lands on what he thinks is another soft toy. Jerry jumps up and down on the grey fur, little realizing that what he is jumping on is, in fact, Tom Cat who has woken up. Tom snarls and just before he can eat Jerry, the quick-thinking mouse grabs a nearby "Not to be opened until Xmas" sticker and instantly places it on Tom's mouth. (more...)
- Composer Adam Schlesinger, whose compositions included the music from A Colbert Christmas: The Greatest Gift of All! and various TV themes, died at the age of 52 on April 1st.
- Julie Bennett, the original voice of Cindy Bear from The Yogi Bear Show, tragically passed away at the age of 88 on March 31st.
- Ja'Net DuBois died at age 74 on February 18th. Best known for portraying Willona Woods from the sitcom Good Times (including its Christmas episodes) and singing the theme song for The Jeffersons, she also played Rodeen Gamble in J.T.
- Jason Davis, the voice of Mikey Blumberg from Disney's Recess (including its Christmas episode), died at the age of 35 on February 16th.
- Esther Scott, who played Anna Stabler from A Christmas Memory, died at the age of 66 on February 14th.
- Robert Conrad, best known for his role as Jim West on The Wild Wild West, and who also played Officer Hummel in Jingle All the Way, died of heart failure at age 84 on February 8th.
- Veteran film/TV/stage actor Orson Bean, who played Mr. Cole in A Golden Christmas 3, died at age 91 on February 7th.
- In the 2020 Annie Awards ceremony, the Netflix original film Klaus won a total of seven awards, including Best Feature, while DreamWorks' How to Train Your Dragon: Homecoming won the Best Special Production Award.
- Canadian animator Blair Kitchen, whose animation credits included A Miser Brothers' Christmas, passed away at the age of 43 on January 5th.
- The Jim Henson Company has announced that they are producing a remake of Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas, to be scripted by songwriter Bret McKenzie (who wrote the songs for the last two Muppet movies).
- November 15th
- A Wrestling Christmas Miracle (theaters)
- Unknown dates
- 8-Bit Christmas (HBO Max)
- The Angel Tree (Hallmark Movies & Mysteries)
- Christmas at the Madison (Hallmark Channel)
- The Christmas Company (Hallmark Channel)
- Christmas on the Range (INSP)
- Christmas on the Square (Netflix)
- A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby (Netflix)
- The Christmas Project 2 (Up)
- Cup of Cheer (Crave)
- Everyday is Christmas (TV One)
- Family Jewels (theaters)
- The Fight Before Christmas (theaters)
- Godmothered (Disney+)
- I Won't Be Home for Christmas (theaters)
- The Loud House: A Very Loud Christmas! (Nickelodeon)
- Rock the Bells (theaters)
- Santa: The Adventure Begins (theaters)
- The Snow Sister (theaters)
- Southern Comfort (BET)
- Starring Christmas (Hallmark Channel)
- A Very Country Christmas Honeymoon (Up)
Upcoming Video Releases
- April 7th
- Cheers: The Complete Series (re-release; includes "Christmas Cheers")
- April 21st
- Step by Step: The Complete 7th and Final Season (includes "Too Many Santas")
- June 30th
- Christmas in Evergreen: Tidings of Joy
- September 30th
- November 1st
- December 5th
Popular Christmas Specials
Popular Christmas Movies