Top 10 Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the top 10 Christmas specials of all time.
Worst Christmas Specials
Wiki Entertainment staff's picks for the worst 10 Christmas specials of all time.
The True Meaning
Read about the true meaning of Christmas, according to Linus van Pelt.
Other Holiday Specials
Visit our sister wiki, the Other Holiday Specials Wiki.
Bugs Bunny's Looney Christmas Tales is a half-hour Christmas television special starring the Looney Tunes characters, in which Bugs Bunny presents three separate holiday stories. Originally aired on CBS on November 27, 1979, it was the first of three Looney Tunes television specials which, instead of compiling and re-editing older shorts, consisted entirely of new material which could later be broken up as individual shorts, introduced by Bugs in the framing footage. All three segments ("Bugs Bunny's Christmas Carol", "Freeze Frame", and "Fright Before Christmas") were later featured as individual shorts in the Looney Tunes Saturday morning and syndicated packages, with individual title cards and limited credits. Follow-up specials, using the same format, were Daffy Duck's Easter Egg-citement and Bugs Bunny's Busting Out All Over. The special opens with Bugs Bunny leading some of his fellow Looney Tunes stars - Porky Pig, Elmer Fudd, Yosemite Sam, Foghorn Leghorn, and Pepé Le Pew - in singing "Deck the Halls". However, Porky and Foghorn have trouble singing solo lines due to their speech patterns, Yosemite Sam refuses to sing solo, and Pepé sings "Alouette" when asked to sing solo. Bugs instead says he'll sing the regular lines of the song while the others pick up on the "Fa-la-las". (more...)
- Comedian and 11-time Emmy winner Carl Reiner died at the age of 98 on June 29th. Best known for creating The Dick Van Dyke Show, on which he appeared as Alan Brady (including its Christmas episode), he also voiced Santa Claus in the Madagascar Christmas specials.
- English actor Michael Angelis, best known for providing the narration on Thomas & Friends (including its Christmas episodes) from 1991 to 2012, died from a heart attack at the age of 76 on May 30th.
- WarnerMedia officially launched their own streaming service, HBO Max, which includes numerous Christmas specials from the Warner Bros., Hanna-Barbera, Cartoon Network, New Line Cinema, and HBO film and television libraries.
- Richard Herd, known for his role as Mr. Wilhelm on Seinfeld, and who also played Bob Burgess in A Christmas in New York, died at the age of 87 on May 26th.
- Fred Willard died at the age of 86 on May 15th. Best known for his improvisational comedy, he was also the actor behind Frank Dunphy on Modern Family (including its Christmas episode) and the voice of Mr. Paulson on Teamo Supremo (including its Christmas episode) and Grandpa Murphy on Milo Murphy's Law (including its Christmas episode).
- Comedian Jerry Stiller passed away at age 92 on May 11th. Known for his role as Frank Costanza on Seinfeld (including its second Christmas episode), he was also the voice of Pretty Boy on Disney's Teacher's Pet (including its Christmas episodes) and the title character in How Murray Saved Christmas.
- Legendary singer Little Richard (who was one of the guest stars in Pee-wee's Playhouse Christmas Special) died on May 9th at the age of 87.
- Danny Goldman, who provided the voice of Brainy Smurf in the 1980s Smurfs cartoon (including its Christmas specials) died at the age of 80 on April 12th.
- Composer Adam Schlesinger, whose compositions included the music from A Colbert Christmas: The Greatest Gift of All! and various TV themes, died at the age of 52 on April 1st.
- November 15th
- A Wrestling Christmas Miracle (theaters)
- Unknown dates
- 8-Bit Christmas (HBO Max)
- The Angel Tree (Hallmark Movies & Mysteries)
- Christmas at the Madison (Hallmark Channel)
- The Christmas Company (Hallmark Channel)
- Christmas on the Range (INSP)
- Christmas on the Square (Netflix)
- A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby (Netflix)
- The Christmas Project 2 (Up)
- Cup of Cheer (Crave)
- Everyday is Christmas (TV One)
- Family Jewels (theaters)
- The Fight Before Christmas (theaters)
- Godmothered (Disney+)
- I Won't Be Home for Christmas (theaters)
- The Loud House: A Very Loud Christmas! (Nickelodeon)
- Rock the Bells (theaters)
- Santa: The Adventure Begins (theaters)
- The Snow Sister (theaters)
- Southern Comfort (BET)
- Starring Christmas (Hallmark Channel)
- A Very Country Christmas Honeymoon (Up)
Upcoming Video Releases
- August 4th
- Paddington Bear: The Complete Series (includes "The Ghost of Christmas Paddington")
- August 25th
- Taz-Mania: The Complete Third Season (includes "No Time for Christmas")
- September 30th
- November 1st
- December 5th
Ultra HD Blu-ray
- September 15th
- Home Alone: 30th Anniversary Edition
Popular Christmas Specials
Popular Christmas Movies