The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Minerva "Minnie" Mouse is a character created by The Walt Disney Company for their cartoons and comic books. She is Mickey Mouse's sweet-natured girlfriend, and as such, she has appeared in many of the Christmas productions he has starred in.
Appearances in Christmas specials
- Mickey's Orphans - In Mickey's very first Christmas cartoon, Minnie helps her boyfriend entertain the orphan kittens he finds in a basket on his doorstep.
- "Pluto's Christmas Tree" - Minnie appears singing "Deck the Halls" with Donald and Goofy at the end. Notably, this was Minnie's last appearance in the original run of Disney's cartoon shorts.
- Mickey's Christmas Carol - In this 1983 special (as well as in An Adaptation of Dickens' Christmas Carol, Performed by The Walt Disney Players, the record album that inspired it), Minnie portrays the role of Mrs. Cratchit to match Mickey as Bob Cratchit, in one of the few onscreen depictions of them as a married couple. Her niece Melody portrays their daughter. On the original record album, Minnie's voice was provided by Janet Waldo. However, in the animated version, Minnie does not speak, as Disney had not yet found a new official voice actor for her at the time. It is worth noting, though, that there is a scene that appears only in the Little Golden Book adaptation (possibly a deleted scene from the finished film), in which Mickey/Bob arrives home to greet his family; there, Minnie/Mrs. Cratchit remarks that she wishes Scrooge was paying her husband more, saying he surely must have enough money to do so.
Live-action television specials
- "The Nutcracker" - In this Mickey Mouse Works short, Minnie stars as Maria.
- "Mickey's Mixed Nuts"
- "Pete's Christmas Caper"
- "Clarabelle's Christmas List"
- "Mickey Saves Santa"
- "Oh, Christmas Tree!"
- "Duck the Halls: A Mickey Mouse Christmas Special"
- "Happy Hot Diggity Dog Holiday!"
- "Happy Holiday Helpers"
- Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas - In this 1999 direct-to-video film, Minnie stars alongside her boyfriend in the third segment, "Mickey and Minnie's Gift of the Magi". Here, she works in the gift-wrapping department at a department store, hoping her Christmas bonus will allow her to afford a nice present for Mickey. Unfortunately, her boss, Mortimer Mouse, only gives her a fruitcake as her bonus. Ultimately, Minnie trades her most prized heirloom - a watch - for a case for Mickey's harmonica. However, unbeknownst to her, Mickey traded his harmonica for a gold chain for her watch. In the end, Mickey tells her that she's "all the music [he'll] ever need."
- Mickey's Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mouse
- Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas - In the CGI-animated semi-sequel to Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas, Minnie has a co-starring role in the first segment, "Belles on Ice", in which she and Daisy Duck get seriously competitive in an ice-skating competition. Later, at the end of the final segment, "Mickey's Dog-Gone Christmas", she and the rest of the gang show up at Mickey's house for their Christmas party. It should be noted that there was another segment planned but unfortunately scrapped from the film, which was titled "Christmas Wrapping" and would have revealed how Minnie and Mickey first met.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.