Minerva "Minnie" Mouse is a character created by The Walt Disney Company for their cartoons and comic books. She is Mickey Mouse's sweet-natured girlfriend, and as such, she has appeared in many of the Christmas productions he has starred in, though more often than not, her role in the main plots of each are fairly minimal, with the Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas duology and both adaptations of The Nutcracker being notable exceptions.
Appearances in Christmas specials Edit
Theatrical shorts Edit
- Mickey's Orphans - In Mickey's very first Christmas cartoon, Minnie helps her boyfriend entertain the orphan kittens he finds in a basket on his doorstep.
- "Pluto's Christmas Tree" - Minnie appears singing "Deck the Halls" with Donald and Goofy at the end. Notably, this was Minnie's last appearance in the original run of Disney's cartoon shorts.
- Mickey's Christmas Carol - Just like in An Adaptation of Dickens' Christmas Carol, Performed by The Walt Disney Players, the record album that inspired this special, Minnie portrays the role of Mrs. Cratchit to match Mickey as Bob Cratchit, in one of the few onscreen depictions of them as a married couple. Her niece Melody portrays their daughter. On the original record album, Minnie's voice was provided by Janet Waldo. However, in the animated version, Minnie does not speak, as Disney had not yet found a new official voice actor for her at the time. It is worth noting, though, that there is a scene that appears only in the Little Golden Book adaptation (possibly a deleted scene from the finished film), in which Mickey/Bob arrives home to greet his family; there, Minnie/Mrs. Cratchit remarks that she wishes Scrooge was paying her husband more, saying he surely must have enough money to do so.
Live-action television specials Edit
Television episodes Edit
- "The Nutcracker" - In this Mickey Mouse Works short, Minnie stars as Maria.
- "Mickey's Mixed Nuts"
- "Pete's Christmas Caper"
- "Clarabelle's Christmas List"
- "Mickey Saves Santa"
- "Oh, Christmas Tree!"
- "Duck the Halls: A Mickey Mouse Christmas Special"
- "Happy Hot Diggity Dog Holiday!"
- "Happy Holiday Helpers"
Direct-to-video films Edit
- Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas - In this 1999 direct-to-video film, Minnie stars alongside her boyfriend in the third segment, "Mickey and Minnie's Gift of the Magi".
- Mickey's Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mouse
- Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas