Miss Piggy is one of the central characters from the television series The Muppet Show. She began as a minor character in the series, but gradually developed into one of the central characters of the show. She is a prima-donna pig who is convinced that she is destined for stardom, and nothing will stand in her way. She presents a public face which is the essence of feminine charm, but can instantly fly into a violent rage whenever she thinks she has been insulted or thwarted. Kermit the Frog has learned this all too well; when she isn't smothering him in (usually unwanted) kisses, she's sending him flying through the air with a karate chop.
Appearances in Christmas specials
- John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together
- A Muppet Family Christmas - Early on in this special, Miss Piggy calls Kermit on the phone, saying that she has to finish an important photo session before she can come join him and the rest of the Muppets at Fozzie's mother's farmhouse. Later, she is shown doing some last-minute Christmas shopping, picking up a pair of slippers for Kermit. She gives Kermit another phone call later, this time to say that, since her limousine has gotten trapped in a snowbank, she is taking a taxi to the farmhouse. However, the cab soon gets caught in a snowbank too. Kermit becomes worried for Miss Piggy's safety, so Doc offers to go find her. When he returns, he brings her in on a sled pulled by a team of dogs. After the Muppets sing their annual Christmas caroling medley, Kermit presents Miss Piggy with his gift for her - a mink, though not what she expects. She is at first surprised when she sees that he has given her a live mink (named Maureen), but quickly warms up when Maureen says she's her biggest fan. At the very end, she then gets Kermit to kiss her under the mistletoe.
- The Muppet Christmas Carol - In this adaptation of A Christmas Carol, Miss Piggy portrays the role of Emily Cratchit.
- It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie
- A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa
- Lady Gaga & the Muppets' Holiday Spectacular
- "Single All the Way"
- "A Very Muppet Babies Christmas"
Other Christmas productions
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade - she, along with the Muppets appeared in 1977, 1979, 1994, 2002, 2004, and 2016.
- The Bob Hope All Star Christmas Comedy Special
- The Disney Christmas Special
- Holiday Greetings from the Ed Sullivan Show
- Martha Stewart's Home For The Holidays
- Martha Stewart's Welcome Home For The Holidays
- Christmas in Rockefeller Center - she, along with the other Muppets appeared in 2008, 2009, and 2012.
- Andrea Bocelli & David Foster: My Christmas
- CMA Country Christmas
- WWE Tribute to the Troops - she and the other Muppets appeared in 2011 and 2012.
- Cee Lo's Magic Moment
- Michael Bublé's Christmas in New York
- The Disney Holiday Sing-Along - Miss Piggy's most recent appearance was for a brief segment in this 2020 special. In it, she and Kermit provide vocal warm-ups for the audience, though Piggy holds on the last note and ends up cracking the screen, which Kermit remarks is the third time she's done that this week.
|This article about a character from either a Christmas movie, television episodic series or special with a Christmas theme is a stub. Please help to expand this article in the Christmas Specials Wiki.|