It’s just weeks before Christmas when Ellie gets a call to return home to help her father on the family’s poinsettia farm. The family business is on the line to deliver tens of thousands of plants for the town’s annual parade. The problem is – the poinsettias have yet to turn red! As Ellie searches for the solution, she is reminded of where her heart truly lies as she falls in love with both her roots and a local botanist.
|Rhonda Dent*||Grace Palmer|
|Peter Graham-Gaudreau||Principal Edwards|
|Nicole Hombrebueno||Lorna West|
|Sharon Lawrence||Katherine Palmer|
|Bethany Lenz||Ellie Palmer|
|Lauren London||Patty Mason|
|Oliver Rice||Derek Cowan|
|Marcus Rosner||Sean Dalton|
|John Schneider||Greg Palmer|
|Amélie Wolf||Avery Palmer|
* - Nominated for a 2019 Leo Award for Best Supporting Actress in a TV Movie
- Bethany Joy Lenz & Sharon Lawrence both appeared on The CW series One Tree Hill. Lenz as a series regular and Lawrence as a guest star.
- Poinsettias are native to hot, dry forested areas in Mexico. They would not grow well on a snowy Canadian farm.
- Poinsettias' colorful leaves ("petals") are called bracts.
- While most people say Poin-Set-uh, the correct pronunciation is as Poin-Set-Ee-uh.
- The movie is correct when it says that Poinsettias almost need total darkness in order to grow its familiar red bracts.