|This page about a Christmas special or an episode from a television series with a Christmas theme is in need of a longer synopsis. You can help the Christmas Special Wiki by expanding this synopsis.|
Driving until they run out of gas, they take shelter in an old cabin and push on the next morning on foot until they reach the North Pole only to find a vast toxin-spewing industrial complex, Santa a sickly old man, the elves all mutated and inbred from Santa's attempt to keep up with the increasing toy demands year after year, and the reindeer carnivorous monsters who eat the elves that wandered out into the snow to die.
When Santa collapses, Brian and Stewie attempt to deliver the presents themselves, but things go horribly wrong. They break into their first house, beat the owners senseless and tie up their daughter only to find they had the wrong house.
On Christmas morning, everyone else awakes to find out they received no presents. In a final attempt to save the holiday, Brian and Stewie go on television, revealing the near dead Santa and explaining their demands are killing him. He pleads for the world to show some restraint in their gift requests, limiting everyone to one gift each or else they might just lose Christmas altogether. Everyone agrees to the request, and by next year, Santa recovers and the elves are rejuvenated.
- "All I Really Want For Christmas"
- "Christmastime Is Killing Us"
- "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" (uncredited) - Brenda Lee
- The opening credits contain scenes based on The Nutcracker, A Christmas Carol, How the Grinch Stole Christmas!, Frosty the Snowman, Home Alone, and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.
- Fellow Fox alumnus David Boreanaz (of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, and Bones) makes a live-action appearance in the Polar sky above the traveling Brian and Stewie as the "Aurora Boreanaz" who says hello to them and later helps point them on their way.
|Seth MacFarlane||Peter Griffin|
Dr. Elmer Hartman
|Alex Borstein||Lois Griffin|
|Seth Green||Chris Griffin|
|Mila Kunis||Meg Griffin|
|Mike Henry||Cleveland Brown|
Bruce (Performance Artist)
|Drew Barrymore||Jillian Russell|
|David Boreanaz||David Boreanaz|
|Johnny Brennan||Mort Goldman|
|Karley Scott Collins||Abby|
|Ron MacFarlane||Self (Narrator)|
|Bruce McGill||Santa Claus|
|Will Ryan||Winnie the Pooh|
|Jennifer Tilly||Bonnie Swanson|
|Patrick Warburton||Joe Swanson|
|Adam West||Mayor Adam West|
After its original broadcast, "Road to the North Pole" was given its own DVD release, sold exclusively at f.y.e. stores. The DVD also contained The Cleveland Show episode "Murray Christmas". "Road to the North Pole" was later included on the Family Guy: Volume 10 DVD set.