This article is about the 2001 Rankin/Bass special. For the 2006 ABC Family Original Movie, see Santa Baby.
Santa, Baby! is a 2001 animated holiday special that aired on the Fox network. It was Rankin/Bass' first new original Christmas special in over sixteen years (their past holiday production was the 1985 adaptation of The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus), and the only one produced after the liquidation of their animation department. The Special featured the voices of Eartha Kitt and Gregory Hines. Like much of Rankin/Bass' specials, it was based off a song, in this case, the 1954 song originally recorded by Kitt and covered in A Very Special Christmas by Madonna in 1986.
|This page about a Christmas special or an episode from a television series with a Christmas theme is in need of a longer synopsis. You can help the Christmas Special Wiki by expanding this synopsis.|
- Santa Baby (Eartha Solo)
- Jingle Bells
- Deck the Halls
- Heart and Soul of Christmas (Reprise)
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas
- Silent Night
- Santa Baby (Trio Version)
- Every Time I See a Santa
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
- Pick Me!
- Heart and Soul of Christmas
- Santa Baby (Club Mix)
- Co-writer Suzanne Collins would later go on to write the New York Times Bestselling book series, The Hunger Games which became a film adaptation in 2012.
- This is the only Rankin/Bass Christmas special to use Hanna-Barbera sound effects.
- Gregory Hines and Kianna Underwood also voiced relatives in the Nick Jr. animated TV series Little Bill as Big Bill and Fuchsia, respectively, only being uncle and niece.
|Tom Joyner||Mr. Sweet|
|Patti LaBelle||Melody Songbird|