Simpson Christmas is a Christmas-themed Simpsons short, originally aired on The Tracey Ullman Show on December 18, 1988.
Bart narrates the a parody of the poem 'Twas The Night Before Christmas. The words are:
- 'Twas the night before Christmas,
- And all through the home,
- Not a creature was stirring,
- 'cept for me and this poem.
- My sisters were nestled all snug in their beds,
- While visions of candy bars danced in their heads.
- Then I sprang like a spring, and snuck like a sneak,
- Down the stairs to the gifts, for just a quick peek.
- When lo and behold, what did I see?
- Lisa and Maggie had just beaten me.
- I poked at my package, and said, "This is rad, man!"
- Then noticed Homer's shadow, he looked like a madman.
- "Oh Maggie, oh Lisa, oh little Bartholomew.
- Go upstairs, go right now, before I kill all of you!"
- And so into bed we fled in a flash,
- Awaiting 'til morning to open our stash.
- At last, daybreak came, and we scampered so cheerily,
- While Mom and Dad yawned and gazed at us, wearily.
- For Maggie, a pacifier. For Lisa, some dolls.
- For me, a big burp-gun which shoots ping-pong balls.
- Then on came the TV, and we started to doze
- Through all the exiting Christmas-themed shows.
- So, to those of you groovin' on my holiday rap,
- Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good nap.
- When Homer was pointing at Lisa and Maggie he called Lisa "Maggie" and he called Maggie "Lisa".
- The Simpsons' house is different.