- Jerry Herman, composer of Hello, Dolly and Mrs. Santa Claus, died at the age of 88 on December 26th.
- Lee Mendelson, executive producer of the Peanuts animated specials and shows, died at the age of 86 on December 25th.
- Actor/singer René Auberjonois died on December 8th at the age of 79. Best known for the role of Father Mulcahy in the original M*A*S*H movie, he also portrayed Sumner in The Christmas Star and Ned in A Smoky Mountain Christmas, and also voiced the evil stranger in The Smurfs' Christmas Special and Leonard McLeish in the 2010s Pound Puppies animated series (including its Christmas episode).
- Caroll Spinney, who performed as Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch on Sesame Street from its debut up until his retirement last year, died at the age of 85 on December 8th.
- CBS Corporation and Viacom officially reunited into a single company known as ViacomCBS on December 4th.
- The Walt Disney Company has officially launched their own streaming service, Disney+, which features numerous Christmas movies and episodes from the Disney and 20th Century Fox libraries, including the all-new exclusive movie Noelle.
- The Jim Henson Company has announced that they are producing a remake of Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas, to be scripted by songwriter Bret McKenzie (who wrote the songs for the last two Muppet movies).
- Actor Bill Macy died at the age of 97 on October 17th. Best known for his role as Walter Findlay in Maude (including its Christmas episodes), he also played Doo-Dah in Surviving Christmas and Ernie in The Holiday.
- Legendary comedian Rip Taylor, whose movie credits included a cameo in Home Alone 2: Lost in New York and voicing the Venus flytrap in A Flintstones' Christmas Carol, died at the age of 85 on October 6th.
- Diahann Carroll, the Oscar-nominated actress who was best known as Dominique Deveraux on Dynasty and its spin-off The Colbys, and who also appeared in The Star Wars Holiday Special, died at age 84 on October 4th.
- Animation producer and director Alan Zaslove died on October 3rd at the age of 92. Best known for producing and directing some of the Disney Afternoon shows of the 1980s and 90s, he was also an animator on A Charlie Brown Christmas, The Night Before Christmas (the 1968 version), and A Chipmunk Christmas, and later directed for several Hanna-Barbera shows in the 1980s, such as the syndicated revival of The Jetsons (including its Christmas episode).
- Unknown dates
- Christmas at the Madison (Hallmark Channel)
- The Christmas Company (Hallmark Channel)
- Christmas on the Range (INSP)
- Christmas on the Square (Netflix)
- A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby (Netflix)
- The Christmas Project 2 (Up)
- Everyday is Christmas (TV One)
- Southern Comfort (BET)
- Starring Christmas (Hallmark Channel)
Upcoming Video Releases
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.