- The United States Postal Service is celebrating Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer's 50th anniversary with special postmarks and stamps featuring Rudolph, Santa, Hermey and Bumble.
- Select Movie Tavern theaters are celebrating the holiday season by screening classic Christmas movies every Tuesday and Wednesday in November and December. Click here to see what's on the line-up and if a Movie Tavern theater near you is playing these movies.
- ABC Family has announced their 2014 25 Days of Christmas schedule on their Facebook page. Highlights include the network television premiere of Arthur Christmas and new holiday episodes of The Fosters, Switched at Birth, Pretty Little Liars, Chasing Life, Melissa & Joey, and Baby Daddy. Ironically, they do not seem to be premiering any new Christmas-themed Original Movies this year.
- A television special based on Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever is planned to premiere on FOX in the future. In the meantime, FOX aired a new Simpsons Christmas episode, titled "I Won't Be Home for Christmas", on December 7th.
- ABC has renewed The Great Christmas Light Fight for a second season, and also premiered Toy Story That Time Forgot, a half-hour Christmas special spun off from the Toy Story movie trilogy, on December 2nd.
- NBC produced an animated Christmas special for this year titled How Murray Saved Christmas, based on the best-selling children's book of the same name by Mike Reiss. They are also premiering Elf: Buddy's Musical Christmas, a one-hour animated adaptation of the movie Elf.
- The Disney Channel premiered Jessie's Aloha Holidays with Parker & Joey, a special one-hour Christmas crossover between Jessie and Liv and Maddie, on November 28th. Additionally, new Christmas-themed episodes of Girl Meets World, Dog with a Blog, and I Didn't Do It premiered.
- Nickelodeon premiered Santa Hunters on November 28th. In addition, Christmas-themed episodes of Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn, The Thundermans, and AwesomenessTV debuted on the 29th.
- The Hallmark Channel has been showing a dozen new Christmas movies this year. One of them, Northpole, stars American Idol winner Candace Glover and aired in November. Other Hallmark movies coming this year include A Cowboy for Christmas, Angel on my Tree, The Christmas Shepherd, Mr. Miracle, A Royal Christmas, One Christmas Eve (premiering on ABC as a Hallmark Hall of Fame movie), The Nine Lives of Christmas, One Starry Christmas, A Cookie Cutter Christmas, Angels and Ornaments, Christmas Parade, Christmas Party, Christmas Under Wraps, Holiday Help, and a Christmas film based on Signed, Sealed, Delivered.
- Lifetime is premiered five new Christmas movies - An En Vogue Christmas on November 22nd, Seasons of Love on November 23rd, Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever on November 29th, Wally Lamb's Wishin' and Hopin' on December 6th, and The Santa Con on December 13th.
- The Up TV network debuted three original movies - Naughty & Nice, The Tree That Saved Christmas, and Paper Angels.
- Illumination Entertainment is working on an animated movie adaptation of How the Grinch Stole Christmas! that will be directed by Pete Candeland and is scheduled for release on November 27, 2017.
- After a four-week contract disagreement that lasted from October 21st to November 21st, the Dish Network satellite service has officially reinstated the Turner networks, including Cartoon Network and Boomerang.
- Gerard "Gerry" Parkes, the actor who portrayed Doc in the North American version of Fraggle Rock, passed away at the age of 90 on October 19th.
- Animation producer and director Larry Latham, whose credits include The Smurfs episode "Baby's First Christmas" and the 1997 version of Babes in Toyland, and was best known for his work on Disney's TaleSpin, died of cancer on November 2nd.
Upcoming Video Releases
- "Christmas Guy" is now available on the Family Guy: Season 12 DVD set.
- If you missed the premieres of Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever on Lifetime or How Murray Saved Christmas on NBC, you'll be able to buy their DVD releases that come out on this day.
- An individual DVD set of The Bob Newhart Show: The Final Season (which will contain "Twas the Pie Before Christmas") will be released.
- For those of you who haven't bought The Wonder Years: The Complete Series DVD set, an individual DVD set of The Wonder Years: Season Two (including the show's first Christmas episode) will be released.
- The Pee-Wee's Playhouse: Seasons 3, 4 & 5 DVD set (which contains Pee-wee's Playhouse Christmas Special) will be made available for those who didn't buy the Complete Series DVD or Blu-ray set.
- Shout! Factory is releasing a Complete Series DVD set for Maude (which will include "The Christmas Party", "Walter's Christmas Gift", and "Maude's Christmas Surprise").
- The Glee: The Complete 5th Season DVD and Blu-ray sets, which will contain "Previously Unaired Christmas", will be released on a currently unspecified date.
- The Michael J. Fox Show: The Complete 1st Season, which will include the show's "Christmas" episode, is planned for release on an unspecified date.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.