|“||Today, we will do mean things, and we will do them in style!||”|
— The Grinch
Dr. Seuss' The Grinch is a CGI animated movie adaptation of Dr. Seuss' storybook How the Grinch Stole Christmas!, developed by Illumination Entertainment. It is the studio's second film adaptation of a Dr. Seuss book, the first being 2012's Dr. Seuss' The Lorax. Benedict Cumberbatch stars as the voice of the Grinch. It was originally scheduled to be released on November 10, 2017, but in June 2016, it was pushed back to November 9, 2018.
From Universal Studios' press release:
|“||Academy Award® nominee Benedict Cumberbatch lends his voice to the infamous Grinch, who lives a solitary life inside a cave on Mt. Crumpet with only his loyal dog, Max, for company. With a cave rigged with inventions and contraptions for his day-to-day needs, the Grinch only sees his neighbors in Whoville when he runs out of food. Each year at Christmas they disrupt his tranquil solitude with their increasingly bigger, brighter, and louder celebrations. When the Whos declare they are going to make Christmas three times bigger this year, the Grinch realizes there is only one way for him to gain some peace and quiet: he must steal Christmas. To do so, he decides to pose as Santa Claus on Christmas Eve, even going so far as to trap a lackadaisical misfit reindeer to pull his sleigh. Meanwhile, down in Whoville, Cindy-Lou Who, a young girl overflowing with holiday cheer, plots with her gang of friends to trap Santa Claus as he makes his Christmas Eve rounds so that she can thank him for help for her overworked single mother. As Christmas approaches, however, her good-natured scheme threatens to collide with the Grinch's more nefarious one. Will Cindy-Lou achieve her goal of finally meeting Santa Claus? Will the Grinch succeed in silencing the Whos' holiday cheer once and for all?||”|
- "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" (2018 version) - covered by Tyler, The Creator with a backup children's choir
- "I Am The Grinch" - performed by Tyler, The Creator
- "Christmas Is" - performed by Run-D.M.C.
- "Zat You Santa Claus?" - performed by Buster Poindexter and His Banshees of Blue
|Benedict Cumberbatch||The Grinch|
|Cameron Seely||Cindy Lou Who|
|Rashida Jones||Donna Lou Who|
|Angela Lansbury||Mayor McGerkle|
- ↑ The WRAP: Universal to Release New 'Grinch' Movie, 'Despicable Me 3' in 2017
- ↑ Universal Dates 'Despicable Me 3,' New 'Grinch Who Stole Christmas'. The Hollywood Reporter (2011-11-17). Retrieved on 2014-01-16.
- ↑ Kroll, Justin (June 7, 2016). "Illumination's ‘The Grinch’ Pushed Back to 2018", Variety. Retrieved on June 7, 2016.
|This page about a Christmas movie is a stub. Please help The Christmas Special Wiki by expanding this article.|