- This old train's on its way to a town by the river.
- You can hear the whistle blowing for many miles away.
- There's an old hobo standing in a train full of letters
- And presents wrapped in ribbons. Is coming Christmas Day.
- Well, he sees his old town standing as the train keeps on passing.
- And he thinks back to when he was loved as a boy back in his home.
- And the gold on his fingers cold and bitter from winter's weather.
- Just a cold lonely hobo, spending Christmas Time alone.
- And only if he knew if there's angel by his side.
- And only if he knew he would never be alone.
- Well, he turned around to see who was standing there beside him.
- Just a boy who looked a lot like him many years ago.
- With a present in his hand, he smiled at that hobo
- Like an angel full of wonder who somehow seemed to know.
- And now he only knew if there's angel by his side.
- And now he only knew the truth that he will never be alone.
- Angel by his side.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.